1. The Pension Scheme was introduced in Railway on ______________.
2. The Family Pension Scheme was introduced in Railways on ____________.
3. The maximum amount of Pension that can be commuted is __________.
4. Pensioners would be entitled to have commuted portion of Pension restored to them on expiry of ________ years from the date of retirement.
5. DCRG payable on retirement to a Railway servant who has put in 15 years of service is ________ times the emoluments.
6. An employee who had 34 years of qualifying service dies while in service, his widow is entitled to the Death Gratuity for __________ months.
7. Minimum Family Pension is Rs. ______________.
8. The maximum amount of Deposit linked insurance admissible is Rs. _________.
9. The minimum service required to sanction of Pension is _________ years.
10 Formula for calculating monthly pension of the employee on retirement is ______________________.
11. The qualifying service required for pensionable staff to accept voluntary retirement is ___________ years.
12. The minimum Pension is ________________.
13. _____% of pension can be commuted on retirement.
14. The relief is payable on ___________________ pension.
15. The family pension shall not be less than _________% of the minimum of the scale held by the employee at the time of retirement/death.
16. The pension shall not be less than ________ % of the minimum of the scale held by the employee at the time of retirement.
17. The deposit linked insurance scheme is linked to ________________ .
18. Maximum amount of gratuity payable to a retired railway employees is _______.
19. DCRG payable depends on the rate of DA admissible (say true or false)
20. Pay for the purpose of Gratuity is the last pay drawn plus DP (say true or false)
21. Maximum amount of pension payable shall be Rs. _____________.
22. Commuted value payable is linked to the age of the employee retiring from service (say true or false)
23. Minimum qualifying service for payment of retirement gratuity is _____ years.
24. Minimum qualifying service required for payment of pension is _______ years.
25. Minimum qualifying service for accepting request for voluntary retirement is ________ years.
26. Maximum qualifying service reckoned for fixing the pension is _________ years.
27. One may choose to receive monthly pension by money order (say true or false)
28. The account for drawl of pension can a joint account with wife. (say true or false)
29. An employee removed from service is entitled for pension (say true or false)
30. An employee dismissed or removed from service is entitled to draw compassionate allowance at the discretion of the ___________ authority.
31. The pension becomes payable to the retired employee from the last working day of his service (say true or false)
32. The entire gratuity can be withheld if the employee does not vacate the Railway quarter (say true or false)
33. The widows and dependent children of deceased CPF retires who had retired from service prior to 01.01.1986 shall be granted ex-gratia w.e.f._______.
34. The ex-gratia payment shall not be payable to more than one member of the family at the same time. (say true or false)
1. What is qualifying service? What periods are not treated as service for pensionary benefits?
2. What are the rules regarding counting of service in respect of -
(i) a substitute (ii) on probation (iii) under suspension (iv) Military service
3. What are the provisions regarding emoluments and average emoluments for the purpose of pensionary benefits?
4. Write short notes on -
(i) DCRG (ii) Commutation of Pension (iii) Family Pension (iv) Restoration of commuted portion of pension (v) Qualifying service
(vi) Average emoluments (vii) compassionate allowance
5. What are the rules for grant of Death cum retirement gratuity?
6.Mr. A retired voluntarily w.e.f. 06.07.2000. He was drawing pay of Rs. 6,000/- from 01.08.98 till retirement except two spells i.e., from 12.02.2000 to 29.02.2000 and 16.03.2000 to 31.03.2000 during which he drew higher rate of pay of Rs. 6,125/-. He was on extra ordinary leave for 11 days from 01.02.2000. Calculate the average emoluments for the purpose of pension.
7. Mr. A retired from service on attaining the age of superannuation on 30.06.2001 AN after putting in 33 years of service. He drew a pay of Rs. 9.500/- from 01.03.2000 and Rs. 9750/- from 01.03.2001 in scale Rs. 7500-250-12000. Calculate the pension and family pension admissible in his case.
8. The following are the details of emoluments drawn by Mr.A during his service:
(i) Pay: Rs. 10,750/- (ii) Special Pay: Rs. 500/- (iii) Personal Pay: Rs. 275/-
(iv) Dearness Pay: Rs. 5,375/- (v) Dearness allowance: 24%. (vi) Qualifying service: 22 years 9 months 10 days.Calculate the Retirement Gratuity admissible in his case. Also calculate the death gratuity admissible to his family members in case of his death in harness.
9. A central Govt. servant drawing pay of Rs. 9,000/- in scale Rs. 7500-250-12000 from 01.11.1999. He died on 31.10.2000 while in service. His date of birth is 6.6.42. Calculate the Family Pension admissible to his wife.
10 Mr. X a Central Government employee drawing pay of Rs. 10,475/- in scale Rs. 8000-275-13000 from 01.11.1997 retired on superannuation on 31.03.1998. His date of birth is 01.04.1940. Calculate the pension admissible to him and the family pension admissible to his wife in case of death on 03.03.2001.
11. What are the provisions regarding ex-gratia payment to (i) the families of CPF retirees and (ii) to the CPF retirees?
12. Write about the salient features of the new pension scheme, 2004.