INDIAN RAILWAY QUESTION BANK
|GENERAL AND SUBSIDIARY RULES|
1. State briefly the different types of signals.
2. What are the conditions for taking off
i) Home signal ii) Starter / Advanced starter iii) IBS Signal iv) Calling-on signal.
3. What is the procedure to be followed in case of :-
i) Failure of reception signal ii) Failure of depature signal
iii) Failure of IBS signal iv) Protection of obstruction on double line section.
4. What is the procedure to be followed for running of trains during Total interruption of communication on single line section ?
5. What is the procedure to be followed for running of trains during Total interruption of communication on double line section ?
6. What is the procedure to be followed for running of trains on a double line section, when one line is obstructed, when communication is available ?
7. Explain the procedure for performing shunting at a station on single line section and double line section in the following circumstances
a) Single line:
i) Within station section ii) Outside last stop signal, upto opposite first stop signal
iii) Outside opposite first stop signal iv)Non-signalled shunt movement.
b) Double line:
i) Within station section ii) Block forward movement
iii) Block back movement iv) Behind a train travelling away
8. What is the procedure to be followed in case of disconnection and re-connection of points? What is the procedure to be followed for dealing trains during disconnection of points?
9. What are the Essentials of Absolute Block System ? What are the conditions for granting line clear at a class B station on single line and double line section?
10. Draw a neat diagram of a class B station, on a double line section, provided with MACLS, with common loop facility and demarcate the station section and block section.
11. Draw a neat diagram of a class B station, on a single line section, provided with MACLS, with simultaneous reception facility and demarcate station section and block section.
12. Write the Essentials of Automatic Block System on single line and double line sections.
13. What are the precautions to be observed for securing of vehicles:
i) At a station ii) In the block section iii) Additional precautions in case of steep gradients.
14. State the instructions for the working of Tower Wagon.
15. Describe the procedure for working of trains at a station, provided with
intermediate Block Stop signal: i) During the normal course ii) when it is defective.
16. What are the usual circumstances for line patrolling ? State Briefly the various types of line patrolling.
17. State Briefly the revised Standard format of Station Working Rules the Chapters and the Appendices.
18. i) What is the procedure to be followed, while working a goods train without Brakevan ?
ii) What are the instructions to be followed, while working a goods train without Guard ?
19 What is the importance of exchanging allright signal ? What are the occasions for exchange of allright signal? Describe them in detail.
20. Write short notes on the following:
i) Permit to work.
ii) Neutral section.
iii) Emergency Telephone Socket.
iv) Forms used only on Electrified sections
21. State briefly the types of caution orders and the circumstances under which caution orders are issued ? Describe the procedure for imposition, preparation issue and cancellation of caution orders..
22. What is interlocking ? State the various standards of interlocking, with minimum equipment of signals and the speeds permitted.
23. Write short notes on the following:
i) Route cancellation
ii) Calling-on cancellation.
iii)Track- circuit / Axle counter failures.
iv) Re-setting of axle counter.
24. Describe the procedure in detail in case of-
i) Train parting ii) Divided train working iii) Engine pushing iv) Fire on train
25.i) What are the safety equipments to be maintained at an interlocked L.C gate ?
ii) Write the procedure for working of interlocked and non-interlocked L.C gates during failure of gate stop signal
iii) Unusual occurrences at L.C gate
26. Write short notes on latest amendment slip to:
i) G&SR ii) Block Working Manuals iii) Accident Manual
27. Define the following:
i) Station Section vi) Facing and trailing points.
ii) Block Forward vii) Isolation
iii) Block Back viii) Obstruction
iv) Interlocking ix) Track circuit
v) Intermediate Block Signalling x) Block section xi) Running line
28. Describe the responsibilities of the Loco Pilot and the Guard while working a train during the run.
29. Write short notes on the following:
i) Automatic Danger level indicator ii) Marshalling of dead engines
iii) Caution Order iv) Automatic Air Brake System. v) Isolator
30. Write short notes on the following:
i) Classifications of stations . ii) Minimum equipment of signals at class B and class C stations
iii) Hand Signals iv) Point failure.
31. Explain the procedure for Line Block and power block.
32. What are the precautions to be followed during non-interlocked working ? Explain.
33. Write short notes on the following:
i) Engineering indicators ii) Rules for Loco Pilot and Guard to pass an Automatic stop signal at ON iii) Lurch and rail fracture iv) Block Ticket
34. What is the procedure for running of trains during prolonged failure of all Stop
35. What is the procedure to be followed, during divided train working ?
36.Describe the procedure for protection of obstruction, under various circumstances.
37. Write short notes on the following:
i) Reception of a train on to an obstructed line ii) Engine whistle codes and EMU Bell codes
iii) Combined Train Report iv) Protection of work spot
38. State the procedure for working of material train
39. Write short notes on the following:
i) Motor Trolly working ii) Lorry working iii) Marshalling of saloons iv) Personal equipments for Loco Pilots and Guards v) Any ten operating forms.
40. What is the procedure for working of trains under the Automatic Block System, during obstruction of one or more lines, when signals are operative and communications are available ?
41. State the advantages of Air Brake System. What are the duties of a Loco Pilot and
Guard while working a Goods Trains with Air Brake System ?
42. What are the rules to be followed in the following cases:-
i) Train parting ii) Security patrolling
iii) Monsoon patrolling iv) Marshalling of passenger carrying trains
43. Write short notes on the following:
i) Operating forms ii) Air Brake System
iii) Block proving Axle counter (BPAC) iv) Reception of a train on to a non-signalled line
44. State briefly the operation of points and signals by electrical means.
45. Explain the significance of track-circuiting of running lines as a means for detecting obstruction and the action to be taken in case of track-circuit failure, for the safe passage of trains.
46. Write short notes on the following:
i) Data-loggers at stations.
ii) Categarisation of level crossing gates based on TVUs, as per Boards guidlines
iii) Anti-collision device
iv) Fibre optic communication.