INDIAN RAILWAY QUESTION BANK
Official Language Act and Rules
1. In terms of Article 342 (1) of The Constitution of India, __________ language in_________ script shall be the official language of the Union.
2. Article 343 (2) of the Constitution of India empowers ______________________
to authorize use of Hindi in addition English.
3.The Official Language Act was passed in _______________.
4. According to Official Language Rules, India is divided into ____ regions and they are ______, _______ and _________.
5.What are the States that come under Region A?
6.What are the States that come under Region B?
7. Region C means the states _____________.
8. Communications from Central Government Offices to the States, Offices and persons in _________ Region shall be in Hindi, and if it is in English, a Hindi translation shall accompany.
9. Communications from Central Govt. Offices to States or Offices in ______ region
shall be in Hindi, and if it is in English, Hindi translation shall accompany.
10.Communications from Central Govt. Offices to persons in Region B shall be in__.
11.Communications from Central Government Offices to States or Persons in Region C shall be in ____________.
12.Communications between Central Government Officesbetween one Ministry or Department and another may be in __________________ .
13.Communications between Central Government Officesbetween one Ministry or Department and attached/subordinate offices in Region A may be in ________ depending on number of persons having another may be in _________.
14.Communications between Central Govt. Offices in Region A shall be in _______.
15.Communications between Central Govt Offices in Region B or C may be in ____.
16.Translations of such communication shall be provided along with the communication where it is addressed to Offices in _______________.
17.Representations may be submitted by an employee in _______.
18.Representations, when made/signed in Hindi shall be replied to in _____.
19.Notings in Central Government Offices may be made by an employee in _______ and he ____ be required to furnish a translation of it.
20.If an employee has working knowledge of Hindi, he will not ask for English translation of a Hindi Document, unless it is of _________nature.
21.Manuals, Codes, Forms, Notices etc., shall be printed or cyclostyled in ____form.
22.The forms and heading on registers shall be in ____________.
23.All name plates, sign boards, letter heads, inscriptions on envelopes and other stationery etc., shall be in ______________________.
24.Responsibility for compliance of the Official Language Rules shall be that of ___.
1.When an employee is deemed to possess proficiency in Hindi?
2.When an employee is deemed to have acquired a working knowledge of Hindi?
3.What are different steps taken by Railways to implement Hindi in official work?
4.What incentives are given for passing various Hindi Examinations?
5. What are the various incentives for use of Rajabhasha?
6. Write salient Features of Official Language Act, 1963 as amended in 1976.
7. Translate into Hindi:
(i) Memorandum; (ii) Service Register(iii) Confidential Report
(iv) Please Speak (v) Widow Complimentary Pass(v) Urgent (vi) Appointment on compassionate grounds (vii) increment (viii) scale of pay(ix) Industrial Relations (x) Seniority List(xi) Honorarium (xii) Gazette Notification(xiii) Fixation of Pay (xiv) Official Language (xv) No Objection Certificate(xvi) Nominee (xvii) Notification (xviii) Oath of allegiance (xix) Personnel Department (xx) Periodical Medical Examination.