INDIAN RAILWAY QUESTION BANK
1. What is the Organizational set up of the Trains Control Office ? State the functions of Train Control Office in general.
2. What are the factors affecting the speed of goods train? Explain?
3. What is meant by line capacity? What are your suggestions for improving the same?
4. What is meant by punctuality? What are the factors affecting punctuality?
5. In how many ways punctuality of passenger carrying train can be expressed? What are your suggestions for improving it?
6. What is meant by FOIS? Explain how FOIS is being used for freight operation?
7. Write short notes on any four:
I. a) MPS b) Traffic recovery time c) pink book d) supernumery posts e) Engineering allowance
II. a) Interchange of goods trains b) Divisional wagon balance c) Brake power certificate d) Operating ratio
8. How rescue and relief operations are to be carried out in dealing with a train accident?
9. What are the various requirements for ordering a goods train ? State the procedure of ordering a goods train.
10. What is Preferential order ? State the various conditions under PT order.
11. a) differentiate between PTT and WTT
b) What are the factors which have to be taken into account for framing time table for passenger carrying trains?
12. Define serious accident? What are the causes of accidents and suggest the preventive measures?
13. State the procedure for wagon / Rake Allotment.
14. What do you understand by
(a) census of coaching and goods traffic ( b) Rake links and engine links.
15. Write short notes on :-
a. Working Time Table.
b. Computerisation of Control Charting
c. Registers maintained in Train Control Office.
16. What are the importance of Engine links and rake links? Discuss
17. Write about a) Engine outage b) wagon turn round c) August review d) New zones and their headquarters.
18. What are the benefits of engine crew links and Guard links?
19. What are the various principles governing export traffic?
20. What are the measures to be taken to improve the speeds of freight trains ? Discuss.
21. What is the procedure for processing traffic facility works ? Discuss.
22. What are the factors to be kept in mind while ordering a goods train? Discuss.
23. Write short notes on the following:
a. Master Chart.
24. ii)10 Hour Rule
a. Computerisation of Control Chart
b. Speeds of Goods Trains.
c. Weather warning telegrams and cyclone warning
25. What are the factors to be kept in mind in the prepration of master chart ?
26. What are the functions of Combined Crew Booking Lobby? What are the advantages of the combined Crew Booking Lobby , with special reference to safety in Trains operations.
27. Write in detail on the following.
a. Frieght Operation Information System
b. Coaching Operation Information System
28. What are the factors affecting punctuality of passenger carrying trains? Describe
29. Write short notes on
a) Operating Ratio b) Engine KM per engine day in use
c) NTKM per engine hour d) train km per train engine hour
d) NTKMs e) COIS
30. What is Throughput? What are the steps to be taken for increasing the throughput of a section?
31. Explain in detail about the divisional control organization and its role in coaching and goods operation
32. Describe the organizational setup of the traffic department at the Railway Board, Zonal and Divisional levels
1. Enumerate the goals to be achieved to enhance safety on the Indian Railways as per the Khanna Committee Report.
2. Write some of the important Recommendations of Railway Safety Review Committee (RSRC) - 1998
3. Describe the various technological upgradation, for increasing the safety of travelling public.
4. Discuss in details the growth of Indian Railways.
5. Discuss the performance of Indian Railways in the field of safety What are your suggestions for improving safety on Indian Railways?
6. What in accordance with the Corporate Safety Plan are the broad objective to be achieved ?
7. Explain the strategies for reduction in accidents as per Corporate Safety Plan
(a) i) At level crossings ii) Fire accidents
(b) i) Road-users Safety ii) Accountablity for system failure.
8. Explain the thrust on Human Resource Development as stipulated in the Corporate Safety Plan.
9. Explain the importance of investment in safety related works, with a focus on SRSF.
10. What is the organizational setup of railway?
11. Give detailed account of organizational setup of operating department at divisional level?
12. Discuss the role of operating department in Indian railways?
13. What is the present scenario of movement of freight traffic in Indian Railways?
14. Write about:
a) Coaching cabinet b) processing of new works
15. What do you know about the following:
a) SLR b) GS c) VP d) FCS e) WACCN c) WGACCW d) VPU e) WGS f) LR g) WGFAC
16. Write the codes for the following coaches
17. a) Pantry car b) Tourist car c) Inspection coach d) 3 tier sleeper coach e) Parcel van high capacity.
18. Write the codes of the following wagons
19. a) Petrol tank b) Flat wagon for rails b) covered bogie special with transition coupler d) Brake van goods e) Flat Military wagon.
20. What are the penalties given in Rly servants discipline and appeal rules? How a major penalty is imposed on a railway servant?
21. What are the constitutional and statutory provisions guiding the official language policy?
22. What are the various incentives and awards offered for use of Hindi in official work?
23. What are the various types of Leaves available for an employee? Write about each one of them in detail?
24. In how many categories, employees are classified as per HOER and give a detailed account of 10 hour rule?
25. Write the use of computers? Write in detail the procedure of preparing a file folder and how to save the files?
26. Write about some of the key board commands used during the process and printing of a document?
27. What are the steps you will take to implement and improve use of Rajbasha in day to day working.
28. Explain the various methods by which parliament exercises control over expenditure in Railways?
29. Write short Notes:
a) Annual Budget b) Budget orders c) Charged Expenditure d) Voted expenditure
30. What are the appropriation accounts? What are the various steps involved in computation of appropriation accounts?
31. What are the various stages involved in the compilation and review of budgets?
32. What is works program? Give the modalities involved in compiling works program?